Glamping in Provence: Our Dining Options
Nothing defines glamping in Provence more than an array of dining options located right on our 5* campsite. As soon as Sunêlia l'Hippocampe opens for the season, you can eat on site and meet up with family or friends on the restaurant terrace to enjoy home cooked dishes (takeaway possible), quench your thirst at the bar, treat yourself to ice cream or pick up fresh bread and croissants every morning at our mini-market.
*The various menus displayed are those of the previous season. They may vary from one season to another.
Restaurant, Bar, Snack Bar, Mini Shop and Drive
Our Restaurant and Bar: Le Micocoulier
Festive Atmosphere on the Micocoulier's Colourful Terraces
Our restaurant boasts terraces overlooking the pools and our beautiful hills and offers a contemporary menu with regional suggestions, tasty pizzas, and more.
Young and old will find something to their liking! More than camping.
Our chef will make you fall in love with the flavours of Provence: aromatic herbs, sun-drenched vegetables, lamb from the Sisterone countryside, and much more. Now that's what we call glamping in Provence!
Watch the Shows from the Restaurant
Adding to your experience of glamping in Provence, you'll be able to enjoy nightly entertainment by the pools and on the terraces, right from your restaurant table!
- The Class & Lounge Evening: an evening on the restaurant terrace during which the artists of the Hippocampe invite themselves to your table to put on a show for you. Dancing, singing, humour... Atmosphere guaranteed!
- The Great Show by the Pools: A grandiose show with songs, dances, amazing costumes and special effects! Every year, artists from the National Institute of Music Hall Arts dazzles us with a new sound and light show created especially for the holidaymakers of the Hippocampe!
Glamping in Provence: We Cater to All Your Food Needs
La Petite Boutique
In our small shop, you will find:
- Essential groceries for your daily needs
- A bakery for breakfast and snacks, where you will find fresh bread and pastries delivered every morning by a local baker
- The snack bar to satisfy both small and big cravings, with salads, hot and cold sandwiches, hamburgers, a wide range of sweet and savoury treats... not to mention our roasted chickens, pizzas and chips to take away or to eat on the terrace!
Nearby Shops and Markets
Shopping is easy!
The campsite has a small shop offering bakery, groceries and snacks.
Numerous small shops are located in the village of Volonne, 600 metres from the campsite: bakery, butcher's shop, pharmacy...
Weekly markets take place in the neighbouring villages and towns:
- Sunday morning: Saint Auban Château Arnoux
- Monday morning : Forcalquier
- Wednesday morning : Sisteron and Digne-les-Bains
- Friday morning: Volonne
- Saturday morning: Sisteron and Digne-les-Bains
Several supermarkets are located within a radius of 5-6 kms from the campsite, such as
- Intermarché in Peipin (about 5kms)
- Lidl in Peipin (about 5kms)
- Casino in Château-Arnoux (about 3kms)
Your groceries delivered to the campsite!
Glamping in Provence is seamless at the Hippocampe. Thanks to our partnership with the Super U Drive service, have your groceries delivered to the campsite for free!
To do this, you just need to place an order online on the Super U Drive website.
When you finalize your order, you will only have to select the "Point retrait" collection method and then choose "Point relais Camping Hippocampe" from the list.
Deliveries from Monday to Friday.
Minimum order amount: 30 €.
Online payment only.
To collect your parcels, please contact reception.
Would you prefer to shop in-store?
Here is the list of shops near the campsite.
Our Offer for Event Catering
Need to Organise a Special Event?
Birthdays, weddings, baptisms and company seminars... we love to organise custom events tailored to your needs.
For any group between 20 and 350 people (only in the low season).
Our catering service meets event demands, shoud you like to organize meals or cocktail receptions.
Our chef can offer you a custom menu.
We can also provide a wide range of accommodation options, facilities, reception halls for rent and the complete organisation of your events or excursions, ensuring you will have an unforgettable time!
Read more about event organization: