What health measures were taken in the summer of 2020?
New video on YouTube about this exceptional year!
In our haven of peace in Haute Provence, tourists are feeling at home this year. That is right! Fewer people mean more time to look after you.
All our usual services have continued: activities, entertainment, swimming pools, restaurant… just adapted!
Holidays are about relaxing, discovering and experiencing moments of pleasure while adapting to the situation!
To comply with the health protocols established in response to the Covid 19 crisis, we have established and implemented protocols that comply with the legal provisions to protect you. The safety of our guests and our teams is a priority. Therefore, we have strengthened all the measures already in place, such as:
- Longer rest periods between each rental,
- Use of disinfectants certified against Covid 19,
- Management of queues at service points to ensure safe distances,
- Strict application of all instructions from the authorities,
- Access to hydroalcoholic gel at the main points of the campsite (reception, shop and restaurant entrances, playgrounds…),
- Sunêlia’s health protocols not only comply with the regulations of the public authorities but also include all the recommendations of the National Federation of Open-air Hotels (FNHPA).
Best practices for the pool area
- We have enough water space for all the guests: the 2 swimming pools, the paddling pool and even the slides were open! 💦
- In accordance with the measures of the regional health and government authority, with the size of the pools we have, it is recommended that a maximum of 900 people is accommodated in our pools. However, we welcome a maximum of 600 swimmers during peak periods and this is exceptional. As for the spaces around the pools, we have such a large “beach” area that even if the whole area is full of guests, we would still not be anywhere near the norm.
- Who says pool, says relax, says lounger! The loungers are disinfected every morning by our maintenance teams. There is a disinfectant between each family, so you can use it to clean your lounger between each guest.
- Hydroalcoholic gel is also available free of charge and without limit. In addition, hand disinfection is mandatory at the entrance. Additional staff are also provided to ensure that social distance measures are observed.
- Finally, the swimming pools are freely accessible at the usual times! So, no waiting, you can enjoy the sun all summer long!
Best practices for the restaurant
To celebrate our reunion as it should be, we decided to replace our bar with a brand new one!
To enjoy your private outdoor terrace, we also offer takeaway meals: you order on the spot and take it home! As for the restaurant, all tables are limited to 10 guests and are spaced a metre apart to respect social distance.
Hydro-alcoholic gel is available for guests on site. Finally, each staff member wears a mask and is trained to respect the sanitary measures (disinfection of hands, tables, distances…).
You’ll see, you can easily recognise a smile by the look in their eyes! 😉
Best practice for the adapted animations!
Always so much fun at l’Hippocampe! 🎉 Animation is part of the soul of L’Hippocampe. We have been making our score on it for more than 50 years. The animators have doubled their creativity by preparing a great programme with respect for the new measures 😊
Outdoor formulas, small groups, more time slots, à la carte activities to do with the family or alone, everything is set up so that everyone finds his or her fun.
– Your favourite sports are held, of course: Colour Run, Water Games, aqua gym, fitness, archery, dance lessons, summer dance, bowling tournaments, table tennis…
Every effort is also made to ensure that the social distance is respected. Hydroalcoholic gel is freely available at all strategic locations. As a novelty, we organise hikes to discover the surrounding hills.
Sports equipment can be lent from the Anim Info yurt. The facilities (tennis, sports fields, children’s playground…) are disinfected very regularly, as well as the loaned material.
The Sunny club and the Teenagers club are also open for a lot of fun! We can accommodate up to 60 children per day! The children are divided by activity and in small groups of 10 in different areas of the campsite (3 yurts, sports ground, theatre). Creative workshops, nature, sports competitions, pony rides and optimist courses are on the programme!
In accordance with the rules imposed by the Ministry of Education: access to the Sunny Club is subject to prior registration. A hygiene protocol is applied on site between each activity (washing hands, 1 m distance between each child, disinfection of equipment between each child).
A party night every evening and the return of the National Music Institute from 4 July with new shows: WELCOME SUNELIA, CABARET, COMEDY DUO, LOUNGE EVENING, CIRCUS ACTS, FUNFAIR, CHILDREN’S SHOW, BIG GAME EVENING, POOL PARTY…. There is something for everyone!
We will do our utmost to organize the open-air evenings. Hydroalcoholic gel is available. Our partners DURANCE NAUTIQUE and LES PTITS NOMADES are back! Durance Nautique offers you the rental of bicycles, pedal boats and electric boats. Les P’tits Nomades organise rides and pony or horse rides. 🐴
Do not hesitate to visit the Sunêlia app to discover the season’s programme!
Meanwhile, the Bravay family and the whole team at Sunêlia l’Hippocampe continue to prepare your holiday in this charming natural setting. See you soon, dear holidaymakers.Return